Many of us are looking for ways to remain active while also staying a safe distance away from others. That's why Sarah Phinney started a Walking Club to highlight some hidden, and some not so hidden, trails and parks across Tampa Bay.
Sarah is challenging you to explore more this summer!
To complete Sarah’s Walking Summer Challenge, you and your family must visit 10 parks featured on ABC Action News in 10 weeks. Use this map as a guide. New parks are added every Friday.
Parks that you have already visited do not count. You must visit, or revisit, the parks between June 14 and August 23.
Keep track of which places you visit, because at the end of the challenge, you’ll be asked to fill out a form.
Those who visit at least 10 parks and fill out the form will be entered into a contest. Five names will be randomly drawn. The winners will receive a Sarah’s Walking Club item of their choice from ABCActionNews.com/shop.
Winners will be announced the week of August 30.
- Al Lopez Park
- Alderman's Ford Conservation Park
- Bell Creek Nature Preserve
- Busch Gardens Tampa Bay Walking Trails (Added 7/16)
- Carrollwood Village Park (Added 6/25)
- Cockroach Bay Nature Preserve
- Cypress Point Park
- Dr. Hal & Lynn Brewer Park
- Edward Medard Conservation Park
- E.G. Simmons Conservation Park
- Eureka Springs Park
- FishHawk Creek Nature Preserve North
- Hillsborough River State Park
- Lake Conservation Park
- Lithia Springs Conservation Park
- Lettuce Lake Park
- Riverfront Preserve (Added 7/16)
- Samuel W. Cooper Park
- Tampa Riverwalk
- Upper Tampa Bay Park
- Boyd Hill Nature Preserve
- Clam Bayou Nature Park
- Clam Bayou Nature Preserve
- Eagle Lake Park
- Florida Botanical Gardens
- Fred Howard Park
- George C. McGough Nature Park
- Hammock Park (Added 7/23)
- John Chesnut Sr. Park (Added 8/6)
- Roser Park (Added 6/18)
- Sawgrass Lake Park
- Wall Springs Park & coastal addition
- Hardy Trail (Added 7/30)
- Jay B. Starkey Wilderness Park
- Key Vista Nature Park
- Werner-Boyce Salt Springs State Park
- Withlacoochee River Park
Join Walking Club!
Post photos of your adventures, ask questions and learn about upcoming Walking Club stories in Sarah’s Walking Club group on Facebook!