Two Pinellas County Publix employees have tested positive for COVID-19, the company confirms.
One of the workers is employed at store #1348 located at 1075 Pasadena Ave S., South Pasadena, FL.
The second worker is employed at store #1,117 located at 2514 N McMullen Booth Rd., Clearwater, FL.
Publix says it is taking the following measures in accordance with the CDC as well as local and state health departments:
• A heightened ongoing disinfection program focusing on high-touch surfaces like touch pads, door and drawer handles, phones and computers.
• Continued cleaning and sanitization of stores.
• Quarantine and paid leave for 14 days for any associate who tests positive for COVID-19 to recover from the illness.
• Notification, quarantine and paid leave for up to 14 days for associates who have been in close contact with the associate who tests positive for COVID-19.
• The installation of plexiglass shields at registers, customer service desks and pharmacies in all stores.
• In-store signage, one-way directional aisles, and public address announcements reminding customers and associates of social distancing.
• Visual reminders of appropriate six-foot spacing via marked lines at registers.
• Adjusted store hours to allow more time to conduct additional disinfection measures and restock shelves.