FLORIDA – ABC Action News is committed to providing Tampa Bay area residents all of the updates on the coronavirus, COVID-19, and the impact it's having on our way of life. To help you stay on top of it all, we've compiled all the updates for Tuesday, May 26. For today's updates, visit www.abcactionnews.com/virus. Don't forget we are in this together!
- EmergU Telehealth offering free mental health counseling to Tampa Bay area families.
- Ford Motor Company has paused production in its Kansas City plant after one of its workers tested positive for COVID-19.
- California reopens hair salons and barber shops in most counties.
- NHL unveils return-to-action plan if it's allowed to return to ice. Tampa was not included in the list of hub cities.
- UK minister resigns over senior aide's lockdown controversy.
- Russia reports a record 174 coronavirus-related deaths over the past 24 hours, bringing the nationwide toll to 3,807.
- UK authorizes experimental drug remdesivir for COVID-19 patientsEditor's Picks.
- US death toll approaches 100,000.
- Latin America's largest airline files for US bankruptcy protection.
Important updates from Monday, May 25
- Japan ends coronavirus state of emergency as it lifts restrictions in last areas including Tokyo.
- WHO to temporarily stop study of hydroxychloroquine for COVID-19 treatment.
- WHO warns of "second peak" in coronavirus infections.
- To view more updates, click here.