His county spans more than 2,000 square miles, and his knack for analogies, metaphors and showmanship is unmatched in the Tampa Bay area.
Polk County Sheriff Grady Judd has been serving the citizens of Polk since 1972 and has been their Sheriff since 2004.
He has gained a reputation around the Tampa Bay area and beyond for how he conducts business in Polk County, often times providing memorable quotes to really get his point across.
Here are just some of the stories Sheriff Judd is talking about in our "best of" video:
- Suspect shot 13 times after firing shots at deputy
- Sheriff Judd announces arrests, warrants in 'Nuthin' for Christmas but Jail' retail theft operation
- Undercover human trafficking, online prostitution sting nets nearly 300 arrests in Polk County
- 8 arrested for stealing thousands from retail stores in Polk County
- Polk County detectives arrest more than 12 in undercover child porn sting
- Group attempts to steal over $100K of merchandise in state-wide cell phone theft
- Woman arrested for stealing donations from Catholic Church
- Man arrested after hiding motor oil and DVDs in pants
- Multiple FL agencies arrest 39 suspects during undercover child sex, prostitution sting
"I think it's important to communicate with the people I love and that's the people in this community," Judd told ABC Action News. "And I communicate so they understand how I feel. It's easy for me to see the humor or the reality, or sometimes the sadness of an event, and I try to communicate that clearly and effectively."
Then in classic Judd fashion, the Sheriff added, "It's like, 'how do you eat a small elephant?' The same way you eat a large elephant, it just takes longer.'"