TAMPA, Fla. -- Two Florida residents have died from complications of the novel coronavirus, according to new numbers from the state's Department of Health (DOH).
DOH identified one the deceased individuals as a patient from Santa Rosa County and the other as a person in their 70s who previously tested positive for coronavirus in Lee County.
These deaths bring the U.S. death toll from the virus to 16.
Hours after the casualties were announced, DOH reports four people have tested "presumptive positive" for coronavirus in Florida.
The new presumptive positive cases comes from Charlotte, Lee, Okaloosa and Volusia counties, according to DOH on Saturday night. Officials identified two of the four individuals as a 61-year-old woman from Okaloosa County and a 66-year-old woman from Volusia County, DOH said.
Both women are being isolated and will remain isolated until public health officials clear them.
Officials did not provide the ages and genders of the Charlotte and Lee County patients. The Charlotte and Lee County patients are also being isolated and "being approprately cared for," according to DOH.
On Friday afternoon, a Manatee County man in his 60s who tested positive for coronavirus was released from the hospital. His release came less than a week after Florida Governor Ron DeSantis announced the Manatee County man was one of the two people in the Tampa Bay area who were first to test positive for the novel coronavirus, or COVID-19.
The second patient Gov. DeSantis referenced was a 20-year-old woman in Hillsborough County who recently traveled to Italy. Health officials in Florida said earlier in the week she is being isolated at home and will stay isolated until public health officials tell her otherwise.
Story developing, refresh for updates.