FLORIDA – ABC Action News is committed to providing Tampa Bay area residents all of the updates on the coronavirus, COVID-19, and the impact it's having on our way of life. To help you stay on top of it all, we've compiled all the updates for Tuesday, May 19. For today's updates, visit www.abcactionnews.com/virus. Don't forget we are in this together!
- The Department of Justice warns California governor Gavin Newsom over not reopening religious services.
- Pinellas County leaders extend local state of emergency through Friday, May 29.
- The Met Gala cancels due to coronavirus concerns.
- ZooTampa eyes May 29 reopening date
- Navajo Nation reports 69 new cases of COVID-19.
- Russian prime minister officially returns to work after battling COVID-19.
- Russia nears 300,000 total cases of COVID-19.
- As United States, Europe reopen more, big nations see rising virus toll.
- European Union urges all nations to back World Health Organization.
- Shakespeare’s Globe theater in London may be shuttered due to virus.
- Oregon Supreme Court temporarily reinstates governor's coronavirus restrictions.
- Daily coronavirus deaths fall below 100 in Italy.
- France's top court bans drone surveillance in Paris for enforcing restrictions.
Important updates from Monday, May 18
- Florida enters "Full Phase 1" today. Click here for a breakdown of reopenings and changes.
- Seminole Hard Rock Tampa opening Thursday with new safety guidelines in place.
- Florida looking to reopen state university campuses in the fall.
- Tattoo and massage parlors, in addition to movie theaters in Pinellas County are all allowed to reopen with restrictions, Sheriff and county officials confirm.
- To view more updates, click here.