Hurricane Dorian is approaching the east coast of Florida and is forecast to make landfall as a category 4 storm Monday. Here is the latest information coming into our newsroom:
Thursday, August 29
- President Trump tweets a video about Hurricane Dorian
- Hillsborough County declares local state of emergency
- Citrus County Board of County Commissioners declares local state of emergency
- Tampa Bay House Rabbit Rescue looking for fosters for bunnies from Florida's east coast. For more details, click here.
- Georgia Governor declares state of emergency for select counties
- President Trump will not travel to Poland due to Hurricane Dorian. Mike Pence will travel in his place.
- Florida National Guard begins preparations in anticipation of Dorian. With approximately 12,000 Soldiers and Airmen assigned, the Florida National Guard can activate personnel as needed and directed by the Governor.
- 16-18 planes being moved from MacDill AFB to McConnell AFB in Kansas ahead of the storm
- Salvation Army teams on standby as Dorian approaches
- Governor DeSantis declares a state of emergency for the entire state of Florida
- 91 facilities across 11 U-Haul® Companies in Florida are offering 30 days free use of self-storage units and U-Box® containers to residents who stand to be impacted by Hurricane Dorian. For a list of participating locations and how to take advantage of this, click here.
- Suncoast Animal League asking for fosters for all of their shelter dogs and cats. Head over to the shelter in Palm Harbor to pick up a foster cat or dog for a few days.
- Stores in the Tampa Bay area drawing huge crowds for supplies like water and gas
- Pasco County Board of County Commissioners issues Local State of Emergency
- FSU vs. Boise State game scheduled to be played in Jacksonville has been moved to Tallahassee
- Residents urged to refill prescription medication in advance