TALLAHASSEE, Fla. — Florida Governor Ron DeSantis appointed Carlos Muñiz to the Florida Supreme Court on Tuesday.
DeSantis made the announcement from the steps of the Governor’s Mansion in Tallahassee. Muñiz is DeSantis' third Supreme Court appointee since he was inaugurated earlier this month.
Muñiz is the general counsel for the U.S. Department of Education and was also Chief of Staff to former Florida Attorney General Pam Bondi.
Since he was sworn into office on Jan. 8, DeSantis has made the following announcements:
- Appointed Judge Barbara Lagoa of Miami to the Florida Supreme Court on Jan. 9
- Appointed Judge Robert Luck to the Florida Supreme Court on Jan. 14
- Targeted Airbnb’s policies in the West Bank of Israel on Jan. 15
- Seeking to end a ban on smokable medical marijuana in Florida on Jan. 17
- Rescinded 46 last-minute appointments by former Gov. Rick Scott on Jan. 18