News

Actions

Jazz House reopens after Ybor Amphitheatre fire

Posted at 5:43 PM, Apr 14, 2016
After being forced to close it's doors due to a fire next door, the Jazz House is reopening.
 
The owner, Eric Fleming, said they lost 10's of thousands of dollars because they were closed for several days.
 
Firefighters said a welder trying to install a disco ball at the Amphitheatre, last week, accidentally caused the fire. There was another business that received damage as well as a few cars.
"I tell you what, it's been stressful because every day you're like God when is the smell going to go away when is it going to get better," Fleming said.
 
In order to reopen, Fleming said they cleaned the entire club and threw out several items that were damaged by the fire. Fleming said they spent nearly 12 hours each day, cleaning the business.
 
"You can see changes night and day. It may be cleaner than I've ever had it," Fleming laughed.
The Jazz House reopens Thursday at 8:30 p.m.
 
"(We are) a little nervous. We want to make sure everybody has a good time…it's emotional that's for sure," General Manager Roy Sansbury said.
 
While the the Jazz House was cleaned once before reopening, they plan to clean it again on Sunday. 
 
They are eager to see their regulars tonight.
 
"They're emailing, texting, and so excited to come out and I think we're going to have a very good turn out tonight," Fleming said.