PINELLAS COUNTY, Fla. — Due to coronavirus concerns, ten polling places are being moved in Pinellas County and 7 are being moved in Hillsborough County before Tuesday's presidential choice primary.
Many of the original polling places are at assisted living centers or other buildings that cater to an older population. The move is aimed at keeping higher risk populations safe.
The Pinellas and Hillsborough County Supervisor of Elections Offices began the process of contacting voters who have not already cast a ballot. Attempts to contact voters will be made by phone calls, text mesages, via priority mail and e-mail. The original polling places will also have signs on the door advising voters to head to the new locations.
On Election Day, election workers in Pinellas County will also be stationed at the original polling locations to give directions to the new ones.
The move impacts more than 2,000 potential voters. All new precincts are within two miles of the original polling locations, according to the Pinellas County Supervisor of Elections Office.
Here are the following precincts that will have new polling locations:
- Precinct 201: Now at Pinellas Community Church, 5501 31st St. S., St. Petersburg
- Precinct 342: Now at Christ Presbyterian Church, 3115 Dryer Ave., Largo
- Precinct 529: Now at Dunedin Assembly of God Church, 885 Lake Haven Road, Dunedin
- Precincts 256 and 264: Now at Starkey Road Baptist Church, 8800 Starkey Road, Seminole
- Precinct 629: Now at Bethel Lutheran Church, 3166 N. McMullen Booth Road, Clearwater
- Precinct 326: Now at Largo Feed Store, 295 Central Park Drive, Largo
- Precinct 102: Now at Bay Vista Recreation Center, 7000 4th St. S., St. Petersburg
- Precinct 631: Now at Highland Lakes Club, 3300 MacGregor Drive, Palm Harbor
- Precinct 125: Now at the elections office in the county building, 501 1st. Ave. N. (Fifth Street North entrance), St. Petersburg
- Precinct 541: Now at to the Centre of Palm Harbor polling site at 1500 16th St., Palm Harbor
- Precinct 906, 909 and 921 : Now at SouthShore Regional Library, 15816 Beth Shields Way, Ruskin
- Precinct 423: Now at the Tampa Korean Seventh Day Adventist, 7215 Sheldon Road, Tampa
- Precinct 163: Now at Beulah Baptist Institutional Church, 1006 W. Cypress St., Tampa
- Precinct 433: Now at the Philippine Cultural Foundation, 14301 Nine Eagles Drive, Tampa
- Precinct 834: Now at Kings Avenue Baptist Church, 2602S. Kings Ave., Brandon