TAMPA, Fla. — The City of Tampa and Lime are trying to cut back on the number of e-scooter injuries.
- 'I wasn’t doing anything crazy' | Florida man faces $100K hospital bill after e-scooter crash
- E-scooter rider dies after colliding with tanker truck in Tampa
On Saturday, October 26, Lime will host a "First Ride" safety course at 11 a.m. in the East Zack Street Parking lot.
According to Lime's website, the 60-minute course will be divided into three parts:
1. Classroom training focuses on how to use the Lime app and our core values
2. Hands-On training teaches participants how to inspect electric scooters before riding (brakes, accelerator, etc.) and how to ride, along with hands-on safety exercises
3. Urban initiation takes participae waiver and ternts along a predetermined course for a guided ride in a public setting
To participate you must be 18 years or older, sign up as a Lime user and accept the waiver and terms and conditions.
Click here, to RSVP for the event.