TAMPA, FLA. — COVID-19 testing at Raymond James Stadium is now being offered five days a week instead of two.
Testing will now take place every Tuesday to Saturday. An appointment is required. Those interested in receiving a test can call 888-513-6321 to make an appointment.
The site will be closed Saturday, July 4 in observance of the holiday.
The change comes after county leaders requested help from the state for more medical staff.
To help with the influx of calls, Hillsborough County leaders created the new call site. It is staffed with 80 to 100 call takers to help reduce the wait time.
What to bring:
- Although pedestrians can be accommodated at some sites, it is best to arrive in a personal vehicle as the majority of the testing is conducted via drive-thru.
- Each person to be tested must be seated next to a working window.
- Limit vehicle passengers to those needing a test.
- Have a photo ID with name and date of birth for all persons being tested (can be Florida driver’s license, state-issued ID, or passport).
- Bring the CORRECT confirmation code provided by the call center; this can be a printed copy of the testing confirmation email received from the call center, a screen-shot of the confirmation number, or the code may be provided verbally. A printed code or screen-shot on the phone helps the process, but is not required.
You will be required to provide the following information:
- Full name
- Current address (where you are staying)
- Best contact information to reach you in case the result is positive
What to Expect:
- You will be greeted by a health care provider in personal protective gear who will give you instructions.
- A minimally invasive test will be administered.
- Several factors may contribute to an inconclusive or Test Not Performed (TNP) result. Please refrain from eating or drinking for two hours prior to your appointment time. This includes chewing gum, drinking coffee or taking non-prescription oral medications. Drinking water is allowed. Following these guidelines may help mitigate inaccurate test results.
- Test results are not immediate. It may take 10 days or longer for results. After taking the test, you will be given information on what to do while you await the results.
- Please be patient – calling back to check on your results will not expedite the process.
Testing sites are staffed by health care professionals in medical protective gear who are trained to test for COVID-19 coronavirus. Directional signage and law enforcement will help residents through the testing site in an orderly fashion.
It's recommended a person taking a test should refrain from eating or drinking two hours prior to the test. Water is acceptable. Medical staff also recommend refraining from taking non-prescription oral medication two hours before the test to help with more accurate test results.
If a person tests positive, medical professionals recommend they don't make a follow-up appointment for at least two weeks and they should wait for their results before getting another COVID-19 test.
Raymond James is now offering 1,000 tests per day. Previously, they offered 1,000 tests per week.
Click here for more information.