FLORIDA — Schools across Tampa Bay will see noticeable changes to security during the final days of school following Friday's deadly school shooting in Santa Fe, Texas.
- Hillsborough County deputies and Tampa Police will have increased security at all schools.
- Heightened law enforcement presence at 40 elementary schools currently without a school resource officer.
- Armed officers will be at every school for the rest of the year.
- No backpacks allowed.
- Students may carry bags no larger than a small purse.
- No planned changes expected. The Pinellas Co. Sheriff tweeted that they are working diligently with Pinellas County Schools to keep students protected everyday.
- Expect heavy police presence at school for the remainder of the school year.
- Manatee County deputies will have increased security at all schools.