PASCO COUNTY, Fla. — The Pasco County Tax Collector, Mike Fasano, announced the beginning of a food and donation drive to help members of the U.S. Coast Guard on Wednesday.
Those wishing to donate can bring money, gift cards, non-perishable food items and more to any of the following locations:
- Gulf Harbors Office – 4720 U.S. Highway 19, New Port Richey 34652
- Tax Collector’s Office in the West Pasco Government Center – 8731 Citizens Drive, Room 120, New Port Richey 34654
- Land O’ Lakes Office – 4135 Land O’ Lakes Blvd (U.S. Highway 41), Land O’ Lakes 34635
- Wesley Chapel Office – 4610 Pet Lane, C-101, Lutz 33559
- Tax Collector’s Office in the East Pasco Government Center – 14236 – 6th Street, Dade City 33523
Gift cards and cash will be accepted at the front counter in each office. Food items can be put in a collection box that is located in the front lobby of every office.
“While Washington plays politics with the federal budget, the reality back home is that the brave men and women who patrol our shoreline, catch drug smugglers, help stranded boaters and perform a host of other tasks to keep us safe are going without pay,” Fasano said. “Even though the paychecks have stopped coming, the rent and mortgage bills, car payments, childcare expenses, groceries bills and the whole litany of expenses we all deal with on a daily basis have not stopped. It is our hope to make this difficult time a little easier for the members of the Coast Guard and their families to endure.”