As the partial government shutdown continues, many government workers across the nation are going without pay.
Some Tampa Bay Area businesses are stepping up to the plate to offer what they can to help.
Here is a list of local businesses offering help to those affected by the government shutdown:
- Gigglewaters - Safety Harbor | Show your badge or pay stub from government agency to get a FREE beer and see a movie. Get more info here .
- Happy's Bayou Bites - Dunedin | The restaurant is offering free lunch to U.S. Coast Guard members affected by the furlough (with valid ID). Get more info here .
- Trinity Cafe - Tampa | Government workers affected by the shutdown can get a healthy, 3-course meal at their two locations. Get more info here .
- The Blind Tiger Cafe - all locations | Show your badge or pay stub from government agency and get a FREE coffee and cookie. Get more info here .
- Sylvia's Clubhouse LLC - Clearwater | The indoor playground is offering free play to families affected by the shutdown. Get more info here .
- Sips Wine Bar - Safety Harbor | Anyone furloughed or working without pay can come in for a free glass of wine and sweet treat. Get more info here .
- Rock and Brews Restaurants - nationwide | Offering free food to TSA employees working without pay. Get more info here .
- Humane Society - Tampa | Government workers who are not getting paid can receive free pet food. Get more info here .
Do you know a business that is offering free services to those affected by the government shutdown? Click here to send us an email!