TAMPA, Fla. -- Hours after two U.S. air bases were under attack in Iraq, President Donald Trump took to social media to say "all is well," for the United States.
President Trump said assessment of possible casualties and damages are underway as of Tuesday night.
All is well! Missiles launched from Iran at two military bases located in Iraq. Assessment of casualties & damages taking place now. So far, so good! We have the most powerful and well equipped military anywhere in the world, by far! I will be making a statement tomorrow morning.
— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) January 8, 2020
"So far, so good! We have the most powerful and well equipped military anywhere in the world, by far!" President Trump said in a tweet.
He went on to say that he will make a statement Wednesday morning.
- Pentagon: Iranian missiles attack 2 Iraqi airbases that house US troops
- Iraq official says airstrike targets Iran-backed militia, killing 5
Earlier in the evening, Iran fired more than a dozen missiles, hitting two air bases in Iraq that houses U.S. troops. Tuesday's attack comes days after a U.S. airstrike near Baghdad's airport killed Gen. Qassem Soleimani, the head of Iran's elite Quds Force.
U.S. airstrike on January 3 prompted Iran to withdraw from the 2015 nuclear agreement.