People panic at movie theater after frightening incident

Fire extinguisher activated, exit doors blocked
Posted at 11:34 PM, Mar 06, 2017

Deputies released a surveillance picture of a man they want to speak with about a frightening movie theater incident late February.

Hillsborough County Sheriff's deputies said a fire extinguisher was activated and someone blocked a main door, leading into a theater at Regal Cinemas Citrus Park, which prevented movie goers from using it when carbon dioxide started filling up the room.

"All of a sudden we heard a noise that sounded like an air hose go off and a loud slam," Brie Gorecki said.
Brie Gorecki and her husband, Mike, were enjoying the movie La La Land, when halfway through the flick, it was interrupted by the incident.

"A lot of the people started to panic. One person ran towards the door to open it up and they noticed that the door was completely locked," Brie Gorecki said.

Mike Gorecki tried to force the door open, but he couldn't.

"It was just when the door was barricaded that things didn't feel well," Mike Gorecki said.
Mike Gorecki said he told the other movie goers the only way out was using the emergency exit, which they did.

"We noticed someone had taken (a) post that was in the hallway and purposely jammed it underneath the door from the outside," Brie Gorecki said.

Deputies released a surveillance picture of someone they want to speak with to see if he may know anything about the incident.

"It was just unsettling and it definitely….it ruined out night. For kids that, uh, thought it would be funny, it wasn't appreciated," Mike Gorecki said.

If anyone has any information about the incident, they should contact the Hillsborough County Sheriff's Office.



Download our free app for Apple and Android and Kindle devices.

Sign up for Breaking News email alerts

WATCH | Latest ABC Action News Videos  | WATCH | ABC Action News Live Stream

Follow us on Twitter

Follow @abcactionnews

Like us on Facebook