I am taking action to help you feed your entire family a tasty chicken dinner for less than fifteen dollars.
Fans of the hit show Atlanta will love a copycat version of Original J.R. Crickets' “lemon pepper wet” wings (which were only added to restaurant's menu after the show aired.)
You can save money by purchasing chicken wings which are on sale this week for $1.69 per pound at Aldi.
Here are the ingredients you need:
- Chicken wings
- Kosher salt
- Baking powder
- Salt free lemon pepper spice
- Two sticks of salt free butter
- Ranch or blue cheese dressing (for dipping)
Here is the cooking instructions:
- Start with washed wings cut in half
- For every pound of wings, combine 1 tsp Kosher salt and 1 tsp baking powder in a bowl.
- Add the wings to the bowl making sure they are covered evenly
- Space the chicken evenly on rack and baking sheet
- Bake at 450 for 45 minutes
- Melt two sticks of butter
- Add a half cup of Buffalo sauce or hot sauce to the butter and stir
- When wings are done, place them in a bowl and immediately season with the lemon pepper spice and the toss with your sauce
You can garnish your wings with celery and carrot sticks. I spend less than $15 dollars to feed my entire family with some leftovers to serve to my co-workers.