POLK COUNTY, Fla. — Over a dozen roads throughout Polk County could soon become safer for pedestrians.
A plan is in place to add sidewalks to the following 16 roads:
- Lyle Parkway from U.S. Hwy. 98 S to Maple Avenue
- County Road 546/Old Dixie Hwy. from Berkley Road to west of Phipps Road
- N. Rifle Range Road from Bomber Road to Eagle Lake Loop Road
- Dixie Hwy. from Berkley Road to Clayton Road
- W. Socrum Loop Road/N. Campbell Road from Old Dade City Road to north of Pebblebrooke Blvd.
- Duff Road from Kathleen Road to Lewis Road
- North Galloway Road from Apollo Court to Sutton Road
- Pine Street from Halibut Road to Lake Marion Creek Drive
- Spirit Lake Road from Thornhill Road to Queens Cove Blvd.
- Swindell Road from Winston Academy/Sutton Road to I-4 Overpass
- W. Christina Blvd. from Woodside Court to Woodside Drive
- W. Daughtery Road from Gibsonia-Galloway Road to Green Road
- Dairy Road from Marianna Way to Oakview Avenue
- Central Avenue NW from Kathleen Road to 1st Street NW
- Old Hwy. 37 from Cherry Lane to School House Road
- School House Road from north of CSX Rail Line to west of Krenson Woods Drive
The Polk County Board of County Commissioners is asking for feedback on the sidewalk project at two public hearings regarding the 2019-2020 county budget.
- Drivers seen illegally parking in bicycle lanes, on sidewalks throughout Tampa
- Hillsborough Co. to add sidewalk after several hit at crosswalk near Barrington Middle School
- Sidewalks coming to 'dangerous' Gibsonton area after local mom documents daughter's route to school
The Proposed Tentative Budget hearing is scheduled for Monday, September 9. The Final Budget hearing will be held a week later on Monday, September 16. Both public budget hearings will take place at 6:00 p.m. in the Boardroom of the Polk County Administration Building located at 330 W. Church Street in Bartow.
Anyone wanting to speak out for or against adding sidewalks to the 16 roads is invited to attend the public hearings to be heard.