As the 2020-2021 school year continues during the COVID-19 pandemic, ABC Action News will take parents and guardians through the numbers of COVID-19 in the Tampa Bay area school systems.
- 52 new cases among 36 schools.
- Newsome High School had 7 students test positive this week.
- Steinbrenner High School had 5 students test positive this week
- Steinbrenner High and Newsome High football games were both canceled.
- 19 new cases, including one staff member at Plato Academy in Palm Harbor. That case closed the school for 24 hours.
- The Tarpon Springs Football game versus East Lake High School was canceled.
- East Lake HS will play tonight against Palatka High School in Gainesville.
- 32 new cases at 27 schools
- Lake Region High’s games this week and next week (against Frostproof, Sept. 25, and Hardee, Oct. 2) have been canceled.
- Kathleen High’s games this week and next week (against Manatee, Sept. 25, and Durant, Oct. 2) have been canceled. Operations have been suspended through Oct. 5.
- 46 new cases with more than 600 students and staff quarantined.
- Gulf High school football games canceled
- 13 new cases at 11 schools
- 7 new cases at 7 schools.
- Manatee High School's Football game against Kathleen High School was canceled.
- 6 new cases. 3 students and 3 staff members
- 13 new cases. 7 of those are students.
***Weekly data is from Sunday, Sept.20 to Friday, Sept. 25 at 8 a.m.