The U.S. Navy Blue Angels are headlining AirFest 2018 at MacDill this year.
The air show is one of the largest in the Department of Defense and highlights the missions, traditions and heritage of the military services.
This year, the show will feature the Blue Angels aerial performance team joined by the F-22 Demo Team and the A-10 Demo Team.
Guests are urged to bring sunscreen, hats, sunglasses, comfortable clothes and shoes, a reusable water bottle (empty at the security line, free water stations are available inside), hearing protection for children, a wagon or a lightweight stroller for kids, collapsible camping chairs (no large umbrellas allowed), and food, beverages, and souvenirs will be available for purchase at the event. For a list of prohibited items, click here .
The event will start on Saturday, May 12 at 9 a.m. and end on Sunday, May 13 at 4 p.m.
The event schedule for the weekend is as follows:
- 8:00 - Gates Open
- 11:00 - Opening Ceremonies
- 11:15 - SOCOM Para-Commandos Flag Jump
- 11:26 - Michael Goulian - Extra 330C / Rob Holland - MXS-RH
- 11:37 - KC-135 Demo
- 11:45 - Jerry "Jive" Kerby - RV-8
- 11:57 - Scott "Scooter" Yoak - P-51
- 12:10 - Jim Tobul - F-4U / Class of '45 with P-51
- 12:29 - A-10 Demo
- 12:46 - John Klatt - Jet Waco
- 1:00 - GEICO Skytypers - SNJ-2
- 1:19 - Randy Ball - Mig-17F
- 1:32 - Rob Holland - MXS-RH
- 1:46 - U.S .Navy Leap Frogs
- 1:55 - F-22 Demo
- 2:24 - Good Year Blimp Demo
- 2:30 - Michael Goulian - Extra 330C
- 2:42 - SOCOM Para-Commandos
- 3:00 - US Navy Blue Angels
To get more information, call 813-828-7469 or click here .
Admission and parking for the event is free.