I am taking action to feed your entire family without emptying your wallet.
This week Celentano meatballs are buy one, get one free at Publix. Combine that with your favorite pasta sauce and some lasagna noodles and you can bake up a tasty dish that everyone will enjoy.
I found a great recipe for meatball lasagna on Pillsbury's website. It is easy to make and the ingredients needed are inexpensive, especially with meatballs on sale.
I only spent about $15 total. That includes buying a carton of eggs and bagged salad, which is also buy one, get one free at Publix this week.
Here are the ingredients you will need:
- 1 jar (26 oz.) tomato pasta sauce
- 1 can (14.5 oz.) diced tomatoes with Italian herbs, undrained
- 1 box (12 oz.) frozen Italian-style meatballs, thawed, each cut in half
- 1 1/2 cups frozen bell pepper and onion stir-fry (from 1-lb bag), thawed, drained
- 1 (15 oz.). container ricotta cheese
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil leaves
- 8 uncooked lasagna noodles
- 3 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
Click HERE to get the full recipe instructions and nutritional information.