Tropical Storm Lorenzo formed over the far eastern Atlantic Ocean on Monday. and is expected to become a large and powerful hurricane, according to the National Hurricane Center.
The National Hurricane Center says Tropical Storm Lorenzo is expected to become a large and powerful hurricane.
- Location: 310 miles southwest of the southernmost Cabo Verde Islands
- Maximum sustained winds: 65 mph
- Movement: West-northwest at 16 mph
Watches and Warnings
- Tropical Storm Warning: N/A
- Tropical Storm Watch: N/A
NHC says "Lorenzo is moving toward the west-northwest near 16 mph, and this general motion with some decrease in forward speed is expected for the next couple of days, followed by a turn to the northwest on Thursday."