TAMPA, Fla. — Florida residents take every precaution when a hurricane is on its way from supply kits to an emergency plan. Make sure you keep these numbers on hand so you're prepared for anything.
Emergency Management by County
- (352) 249-2738
- (352) 754-4083
- Recorded Message Line (352) 754-4111
- (863) 402-6500
- (813) 272-6900
- (941) 749-3500
- Citizen Hotline: 941-749-3547
- (727) 847-8137
- (727) 464-5550
- (863) 298-7000
- (941) 861-5495
- (352) 569-1661
State of Florida Emergency Hotline
The State Assistance Information Line (SAIL) is a toll-free hotline activated at the time of an emergency to provide an additional resource for those in Florida to receive accurate and up-to-date information regarding an emergency or disaster situation impacting the State of Florida.
Disaster Distress Helpline
This hotline can provide immediate crisis counseling to anyone who is seeking help coping with the mental or emotional effects prior to and after a severe storm. It's open 24/7 and multilingual and confidential services are available.
Additional emergency numbers include
- Florida Emergency Information: 1-800-342-3557
- Emergency referral line: 211
- FEMA Registration: 800-621-3362 | 800-462-7585
- Florida Department of Agriculture & Consumer Services: 800-435-7352
- Elder Affairs: 800-963-5337
- Florida Insurance Claim Hotline: 800-277-8676
- Unemployment Claims Emergency Hotline: 800-204-2418
- DUKE CUSTOMERS: To report outages you can text OUT to 57801 — standard text and data charges may apply. You can also call the automated outage-reporting system at 800.228.8485
- TECO CUSTOMERS: To report outages you can text OUT to 35069. You can also call 1-877-588-1010.
- Sumter County Citizens' Information Line at 352-569-3190.
State law prohibits excessive increases in the price of essential commodities, such as food, water, hotel rooms, ice, gasoline, lumber and equipment, needed as a direct result of an officially declared emergency.
- State Farm: 800-732-5246
- Allstate: 800-547-8676
- Citizens: 866-411-2742
- Nationwide: 800-421-3535
- USAA (Military): 800-531-8222
U.S. Coast Guard
- Sector San Juan Command Center: (787) 289-2041
- Sector Miami Command Center (305) 535-4477
- Sector St. Petersburg Command Center (305) 535-4477
- Sector Jacksonville Command Center (904) 714-7500
- Florida Storms - Florida Public Radio Emergency Network Google Play iTunes
- Florida 511 - Get up-to-the-minute, real-time traffic conditions and incident information for the State of Florida with Florida 511.
- FEMA - mobile app
- Red Cross - mobile apps
- Byte to Bites - Byte to Bites is a free mobile application designed to help people find local food pantries, soup kitchens, farmers markets and locations where they can use Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) benefits. After a disaster, people may have limited transportation options and the app can be helpful in finding the nearest food distribution location. Apple App Store Google Play
- Gas Buddy - Gas stations availability
Have additional numbers you think should be added? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org