As Hurricane Irma strengthens in the Atlantic, many Florida residents are taking every precaution to help them prepare for the potential impact the storm may have. Saving emergency phone numbers is one way to make sure you're ready.
The State of Florida Emergency Hotline has been activated 24/7. For up to date information regarding Hurricane Irma, call 1-800-342-3557.
In order to find a hurricane shelter close to you, you can text the word "shelter" and your zip code to the number 4-F-E-M-A or 4-3-3-6-2.
Text FLPREPARES to 888777 to receive updates from the Florida Division of Emergency Management.
If you live in the City of Gulfport, residents can reach the Informational Call Center at 727-893-1000 from 8 a.m. - 8 p.m.
Before you go to a shelter, always check with your local emergency management agency to make sure it's not full.
Note: Texting FEMA is not a substitute for calling 911.
If you would like to report price gouging, call 1-866-966-7226.
Additional emergency numbers include:
- Florida Emergency Information: 1-800-342-3557
- Emergency referral line: 211
- FEMA Registration: 800-621-3362 | 800-462-7585
- Florida Department of Agriculture & Consumer Services: 800-435-7352
- Elder Affairs: 800-963-5337
- Florida Insurance Claim Hotline: 800-277-8676
- Unemployment Claims Emergency Hotline: 800-204-2418
- DUKE CUSTOMERS: To report outages you can text OUT to 57801 (standard text and data charges may apply. You can also call the automated outage-reporting system at 800.228.8485
- TECO CUSTOMERS: To report outages you can text OUT to 35069. You can also call 1-877-588-1010.
- Sumter County Citizens' Information Line at 352-569-3190.
U.S. Coast Guard:
- Sector San Juan Command Center: (787) 289-2041
- Sector Miami Command Center (305) 535-4477
- Sector St. Petersburg Command Center (305) 535-4477
- Sector Jacksonville Command Center (904) 714-7500
- State Farm: 800-732-5246
- Allstate: 800-547-8676
- Citizens: 866-411-2742
- Nationwide: 800-421-3535
- USAA (Military): 800-531-8222
Hurricane Supply Kit Checklist | Things to know before the storm | Preparations for your pets | Power outage maps & resources | Know your evacuation zone | Price gouging: How to protect yourself and report it | Insurance protection: Video tape home inventory | Tampa Bay sandbag locations | Find a hurricane shelter near you | Hurricane Irma Emergency Phone Numbers | Evacuations underway | Closures and Alerts | Storm Surge Map