With Hurricane Irma behind us, Bay Area residents are now dealing with the consequences of the storm. Many are dealing with school and road closures, power outages, flooding and clean up from Irma's path.
Here's what you need to know, and who you might need to contact, in the aftermath of Irma:
Power outages are common in the area, with some customers not expected to have electricity until the end of the week. Here's a list of phone numbers in the event you want an update on when power might be returning to your home.
DUKE CUSTOMERS: To report outages you can text OUT to 57801 (standard text and data charges may apply. You can also call the automated outage-reporting system at 800.228.8485
TECO CUSTOMERS: To report outages you can text OUT to 35069. You can also call 1-877-588-1010.
WREC: To report an outage login to SmartHub, call 352-567-5133, or contact your local district office.
HURRICANE IRMA AFTER THE STORM HEADLINES
Tampa Bay Area Closures and Alerts | Check current traffic conditions | I-75 threatened by flooding | How to register for FEMA disaster assistance | MAP: Publix locations in Tampa Bay | Garbage & Recycling pick-up after Irma | FEMA: What counties are eligible
Storm debris collection schedule around Tampa Bay Area:
Here's a list of Tampa Bay Area counties with their sheriff contact info, citizens information and school sites for closure information:
- Sheriff’s Office Contact Info: 352-726-1121
- Citrus County Schools will reopen on Monday, September 18
- Sheriff’s Office Contact Info: (813) 247-8200
- Hillsborough County Schools will reopen schools on Monday, September 18
- Hillsborough Community College classes will resume Monday, Sept. 18
- Sheriff’s Office Contact Info: 947-747-3011
- Manatee County Schools plan to reopen on Monday, September 18
- Manatee County has also posted a list of post-Hurricane procedures for their residents.
- Damage assessment crews are canvassing Manatee County today as residents called the Citizens Information Center (CIC) line to report damages. The CIC line, (941) 749-3547, is the first number people should call to ask for non-emergency help from the County.
- Sheriff’s Office Contact Info: 727-582-6200
- Pinellas County Schools will reopen on Monday, September 18
- Sheriff’s Office Contact Info: 941-861-5800
- Sarasota County Schools will resume classes on Monday, September 18
- Sarasota County Damage Assessment and Business Recovery - Click Here
— SarasotaCountyGov (@SRQCountyGov) September 14, 2017
- Sheriff’s Office Contact Info: 863-298-6200
- Polk County Schools plan to reopen schools on Tuesday, September 19
- Residents who have questions or need to report a problem should call the Citizen’s Information Line at 863-401-2234. Do not call 9-1-1 unless you have a life-threatening emergency.
- Sheriff’s Office Contact Info: 727-847-5878
- Pasco County Schools after reassessing the situation in shelters, Pasco County Schools revised tentative plan is to reopen schools on Monday, September 18.
- St. Leo University will resume classes on Monday, September 18
- Sheriff’s Office Contact Info: 352-754-6830
- Emergency Management Phone: 352-754-4083
- Hernando County Schools plan to reopen schools on Monday, September 18
City of Tampa Resources:
- The City of Tampa Hurricane Hotline: 844-852-8889.
- Report downed trees in right-of-ways or city-owned trees down in the City of Tampa by calling 813-274-5544.
- Report issues regarding signs, traffic lights ect. in the City of Tampa by calling 813-274-3101.
- Report non-electric utility issues in the City of Tampa by calling 813-274-8811.
- Community Assistance Centers now available to help you apply for money for repairs, and money from FEMA. Learn more about applying and locations by clicking HERE.
Hurricane Irma: Generator Safety Tips
There are also state resources available for services that include price gouging, insurance and unemployment claims, elder affairs and more:
- The State of Florida Emergency Hotline has been activated 24/7. For up to date information regarding Hurricane Irma, call 1-800-342-3557.
- If you would like to report price gouging, call 1-866-966-7226.
- Florida Insurance Claim Hotline: 800-277-8676
- Unemployment Claims Emergency Hotline: 800-204-2418
- Florida Department of Agriculture & Consumer Services: 800-435-7352
- Elder Affairs: 800-963-5337
- Volunteer Opportunities