TAMPA, Fla. -- Road construction begins Monday, May 21, 2018 on Linebaugh Avenue, west of Sheldon Road. Work is for pipeline reconstruction and will last through the summer. Traffic will be affected as follows:
- Traffic in the east and westbound directions of Linebaugh Avenue will be slowed to 35mph.
- The inside left turn lane for eastbound Linebaugh Avenue at Sheldon Road, and the left turn into CVS will be closed.
- The westbound thru-lanes on Linebaugh Avenue will be shifted north around construction.
- Drivers turning left (west) onto Linebaugh Avenue from northbound Sheldon Road will be shifted north around construction.
- Drivers turning right (west) onto Linebaugh Avenue from southbound Sheldon Road will not have a dedicated merge lane onto Linebaugh Avenue.
Pipeline installation is the first stage of a Hillsborough County Public Utitlies project to retire and remove the aging wastewater treatment plant at the corner of Sheldon Road and Waters Avenue.
The closures are expected to remain in effect through August 20, 2018.