TAMPA, Fla. -- In just over a week, Minnesota and Auburn will face off at Raymond James Stadium for the Outback Bowl.
The teams will arrive in the Tampa Bay area on Thursday and will start holding practice the next day.
But before the two teams kick off on New Year's Day, both the Golden Gophers and the Tigers will get a chance to have some fun, including a trip to Busch Gardens on December 28.
There will also be fan events all across the Tampa Bay area, including a parade through Ybor City and a beach day in Clearwater.
Below is the list of events happening before the big game:
- December 26: Teams arrive in Tampa
- December 27: Ladies Luncheon (invitation only), players visit the Tampa General Hospital (invite only), Players Night in Splitsville at Sparkman Wharf
- December 28: Busch Gardens team outing
- December 29: Teams watch the Tampa Bay Lightning vs. Detroit Red Wings at Amalie Arena.
- December 30: Clearwater Beach Day, RxBenefits Gridiron Gala (invite only)
- December 31: Battle of the Bands, New Year's Eve Parade in Ybor City
- January 1: Pregame Bowl Bash, Outback Bowl