TAMPA, Fla. — As parents anxiously await the rebound following the closure of schools due to COVID-19, the Florida Department of Education has launched a survey asking parents for their feedback on essential questions like when to reopen campuses for summer programs and when to start the school year.
The short, two-minute survey is for parents, educators and students across Florida to include and incorporate their opinions on the next step for education due to COVID-19.
The questions include:
- What is your comfort level with students returning to school campuses?
- Would you feel comfortable having students on campuses during the summer months (i.e. summer reading camps, youth development activities, summer training for athletes)?
- Do you believe school campuses will be ready to open full time by the regularly scheduled (mid-August) start date, or would you rather school to start after Labor Day (September 7)?
- Do you or your student have access to a device (e.g. tablet, laptop)?
- Do you or your student have access to a reliable internet connection?
Click here to take the survey.
The Florida Department of Education said the results of this survey will help them achieve the "number one goal" of keeping students safe and ensuring Florida students will receive a quality education.