Two Florida high school students sickened after eating marijuana-injected chocolate, school says

Posted at 4:55 PM, May 31, 2018
and last updated 2018-05-31 22:32:58-04

BOYNTON BEACH, Fla. -- Two Boynton Beach High School students are recovering after eating chocolate tainted with liquid marijuana. 

The Boynton Beach Fire Department says it took two teenage girls to the hospital around noon. They were in stable condition.

The school's principal later sent this message to parents:

Good afternoon, Boynton Beach High School parents.  This is Principal Sims calling with an important message.

Earlier today, two of our students ate a chocolate bar that had been injected with liquid marijuana. As a result, both of the students became ill and were transported for medical attention.

Parents, please take a moment and speak with your child about the dangers associated with drug and alcohol use. We want our Tiger family to have a safe, restful and relaxing summer, and it is my hope that students will make good decisions even while they're away from campus.

Please do not hesitate to contact our school with any questions.  

Thank you for your continued support of Boynton Beach Community High School.