TAMPA, Fla. — Saturday and Sunday, Florida residents and visitors will have the opportunity to freshwater fish "license-free."
On these days, the fishing license requirement is waived for all recreational anglers.
"Free fishing days provide an excellent opportunity for parents who don't yet have licenses to take youth fishing, or avid anglers to introduce a friend to fishing without having to purchase a license," the Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission wrote on its website.
This weekend only allows for license-free freshwater fishing, license-free saltwater fishing is not available until June.
License-free freshwater days
- First consecutive Saturday and Sunday in April
- Second consecutive Saturday and Sunday in June
License-free saltwater days
- First consecutive Saturday and Sunday in June
- First Saturday in September
- Saturday following Thanksgiving