JUPITER, Fla. — 7/6/2022 UPDATE: The Amber Alert has been canceled as the girl has been found and is safe.
The Florida Department of Law Enforcement said a statewide amber alert for a missing teenage girl on Tuesday evening.
According to FDLE, 15-year-old Ashley Reyes-Hernandez was last seen on July 2 in Jupiter, Florida, in the 100 block of 4th Street.
Reyes-Hernandez is described as a 5'4" tall, White-Hispanic female with brown hair and brown eyes. She weighs 162 pounds.
Law enforcement officials said she was last seen wearing a black hooded sweater, a black and yellow T-shirt, light blue jeans with rips, and black high-top Adidas shoes.
FDLE said Reyes-Hernandez might be in the company of 20-year-old Oliver Ramos, a 5'7" White-Hispanic male with brown hair and brown eyes.
Ramos was last seen wearing a white long sleeve Hollister shirt with blue sleeves, light blue jeans with rips, black socks, and black and gold sandals.
FDLE officials said the two might be traveling in a dark-colored minivan with tinted windows. Jupiter Police said the van is a newer model and was driven by an unknown female and there was an unknown male in the passenger seat.
Police said Ramos is a known "acquaintance" of Reyes-Hernandez, it's unclear what their exact relationship is, however. Police said Ramos has a known history of verbal abuse.
Police believe they may be in the Atlanta area.
If you have any information on the whereabouts of this child please contact the Jupiter Police Department at 561-799-4445 or 911.
In Florida, five criteria must be met for an Amber Alert to be issued.
- The child is under the age of 18
- Law enforcement has a well-founded belief, based on an active investigation, that a kidnapping has occurred
- Law enforcement has a well-founded belief, based on an active investigation, that the child is in imminent danger of death or serious bodily injury
- There is a detailed description of the child and or the abductor/vehicle to broadcast the public
- The law enforcement agency of jurisdiction recommends activation