ORLANDO, Fla. — Disney Springs is set to reopen on Wednesday, May 20 as a phase reopening. With the reopening, there are new enhanced safety measures put in place.
Along with Disney Springs reopening, many third-party operating participants will also open their doors starting May 27. The three Disney-owned and operated stores and venues are: World of Disney, D-Luxe Burger (mobile order) and the Marketplace Co-Op.
RECOMMENDED: Disney Springs to begin phased reopening May 20
Based on CDC guidelines and government requirements, Disney Springs is implementing a number of new health and safety measures.
HERE'S WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW BEFORE YOU GO:
- Parking and entrances: During this initial phase, guests will be directed to self-park in the Orange and Lime Garages. All surface lots will be closed. They will also reduce the number of entrances for Disney Springs to four locations: Orange and Lime Garages, along with the Hotel Plaza Boulevard pedestrian bridge and ride share location.
- Appropriate face coverings: All guests 3 years of age and older, along with cast members and third-party operating-participant employees, will be required to wear an appropriate face covering while visiting Disney Springs. Please be sure you have an ample amount of face coverings for yourself and your party before you arrive, as you’ll need to wear them over your nose and mouth at all times (except when sitting at a dining table).
- Temperature screenings: Once you arrive at Disney Springs, you and your party will be required to undergo temperature screenings. Based on guidance from health authorities, anyone displaying a temperature of 100.4 degrees or higher will be directed to an additional location for rescreening and assistance; those who again measure 100.4 degrees or higher will not be allowed entry, nor will those in their party. Disney Springs encourages you to check temperatures of yourself and your party prior to leaving home, as an extra layer of precaution.
- Physical distancing and capacity measures: To maintain appropriate physical distancing throughout Disney Springs during this initial phase, they will limit the number of guests visiting the property, as well as within each location. In addition, ground markings will help promote proper distancing when queuing is necessary. They will also add physical barriers in select places where it’s difficult to maintain physical distancing.
- Cleanliness: Disney Springs has increased cleaning and disinfection procedures in high-traffic areas such as elevators and escalators, handrails, benches, tables, handles, restrooms and more. They will also have hand-washing stations and hand sanitizer available, and encourage you to use these frequently.
- Cashless transactions: Disney Springs is recommending you use cashless payment options whenever possible during your visit to Disney Springs, including debit cards, credit cards, Disney gift cards, etc. You can also opt for contactless payment options or use cash to purchase a Disney gift card at the Welcome Center and select merchandise locations.
Cast members will be walking around to explain the new procedures and will answer any questions you may have.
Disney Springs is also encouraging everyone to follow the new safety measures for the health and safety of everyone.
For more information, click here.