TAMPA, Fla. — A local non-profit is in desperate need of toys ahead of Christmas and is calling on the public to help the less fortunate this holiday season.
Metropolitan Ministries says they are in urgent need of Christmas toys with the holiday less than a week away.
There is a desperate need of toys and gifts at the main Holiday Tent in Tampa, as well as Pasco, Pinellas, and Partner sites (including Ruskin, Plant City, Brandon, and Polk) for the following ages:
- Girls ages 3-12
- Teen Boys and Girls ages 13-17
🚨🚨🚨 U R G E N T 🚨🚨🚨 We are in desperate need of TOYS for Girls ages 3-12! Also gifts for Teens ages 13-17. Please help if you are able and Retweet. Thank you. pic.twitter.com/26EYnVSn8o
— Metro Ministries (@MetroMinistries) December 17, 2017
11,300 total children are registered to receive 22,600 toys from now until Christmas Eve, and the Ministries needs help filling the shelves. As of this morning, they are practically bare for children in the above age groups.
How to help:
1. DROP OFF A DONATION:
- Downtown Tampa: Just west of Nebraska Ave. and E. Cass St. Intersection (905 Governor Street, Tampa, FL 33602)
- See Pasco campus and other drop-off locations on the Ministries' website
2. GIVE ONLINE:
- Every monetary gift is MATCHED up to $50,000
- $10K additional monetary matches in Pinellas and Pasco
3. SHOP AT THEIR ONLINE STORE:
Can People Still GET HELP? YES!
Client registration for holiday assistance is still available:
- 12/19: St. Peter Claver Catholic Church, O'Keefe Hall: 1203 N. Nebraska Ave. Tampa, FL 33602
- 12/20 & 12/21: Metropolitan Ministries Outreach Center, 2301 N. Tampa, Street, Tampa, FL 33602
- 12/20: Pasco Outreach Center, 3214 US Highway 19 N, Holiday, FL
- Pinellas Registration is at capacity, but people can visit any other location for assistance.