Amphitheater fire ruled accidental

Posted at 8:04 PM, Apr 08, 2016
and last updated 2016-04-08 20:04:21-04
While the future of the popular Ybor Amphitheater nightclub is still in question the cause of the fire is not.
According to the Tampa Fire Marshal's incident report, a welder - installing a disco ball - sparked flammable material in the ceiling.
The spark then caused extensive fire and smoke damage throughout the nightclub. It also caused fire, smoke, and water damage to three vehicles in the area and the businesses on each side of the nightclub.
The destruction has left dozens of people without a job. And, the Ybor community is working to dampen the blow.
Stacy Ward of the Ybor City Development Corporation is encouraging business owners to post job openings with the hashtag: "#SupportYbor."
"When a disaster like this strikes we need to rally the support of the people who live here, work here, and play here...," said Ward. "There are bouncers, security, bartenders, managers, and everyone involved in running a business like that is going to be displaced and we don’t know for how many months and we want to help them."
Steve Stamberger, General Manager of Tabanero Cigars hopes those left without a job will be absorbed by the other clubs and business in Ybor city. 
While the report has ruled the fires as accidental the estimated damage to the building and contents is $600,000.
Crews opened 7th Ave. to traffic late Friday evening.