TAMPA, Fla. — Are you a parent or guardian looking for something your kids can do to beat summer boredom? Well, the Summer Series at Curtis Hixon Park is in full swing to offer free and fun activities until August.
The program, which is a joint collaboration between Tampa Downtown Partnership and various community partners, will allow your kids to enjoy free activities throughout the week under 12,000 square feet of shade.
The activities vary every day until Saturday, August 4 and begin at 9:00 a.m., 2:00 p.m. and 6:00 p.m. — with Sunday and Friday being "open play days."
Below is a list of the activities that will be held each day:
- Monday: Barrett School of Music provides music
- Tuesday: Salt Block Catering kid-friendly recipes
- Wednesday: Hillsborough County Library hand-crafted activities
- Thursday: Zoo Tampa at Lowry Park animal education and animals on-site select days
- Saturday: YMCA kids fitness classes
No registration is needed to participate. You and your kids can simply show up and have some fun, according to a comment on the Summer Series Facebook event page.
For a full schedule of events, visit http://bit.ly/2KvQpAb.