Three young children are recovering after being rushed to Tampa General Hospital early Tuesday morning following a late night house fire.
It all happened in the 44-hundred block of West Oklahoma Avenue. Family members told ABC Action News that they believe it was an electrical fire that started as a result of a frayed cord.
"It is very difficult, but with friends and family and support like that we'll make it through," said Carol Tibben.
Despite the loss of her home of 17-years, Carol Tibben is counting her blessings.
"As long as I have my family I'm ok. I'll deal with whatever else comes," Tibben told ABC Action News.
Just after 10 Monday night, a large fire ignited at the family's South Tampa home. Tibet's three grandchildren, just 7, 5, and 18-months rushed to a local hospital. She told ABC Action News the kids had small burns to their hands trying to make their way out of the home.
As of Tuesday morning, the kids were back with family. All three are expected to recover fully.
Tibet think the fire started in a back bedroom. Sparked by a frayed cord. A crew from Kustom Recovery out early, boarding things up. Making sure the home is are and that the family is secure.
"We've seen it a lot and then we're able to assist more than just boarding up the house, but get people situated," said Joe Bouchard.
Tibben told ABC Action News her family plans to remain positive. Leaning on loved ones and faith.
"Good lord will help us through all of this and we'll come out stronger," said Tibben.
The Tampa Fire Department has yet to release an official cause for the fire.