Sarasota County deputies are hitting shopping plaza’s hard this week. They arrested 15 suspected shoplifters during an undercover operation.
“We want the criminals to know that this is something we won’t tolerate,” said Lt. Dan Tutko.
He said most of the suspected shoplifters have been arrested before.
“Some people just steal for the thrill of it, but a majority have an addiction to a drug,” said Tutko.
Deputies will continue patrolling shopping districts through Black Friday because thieves take advantage of the large crowds.
“There are more targets and victims for them to look at, said Tutko.
The suspects arrested are:
- Denise Kuegler, DOB 12/28/55, of 410 Salt Meadow Cir, Unit #105, Bradenton, issued a summons for Petit Theft.
- Richard Callahan, DOB 05/26/85, of 4506 53rd Ave. E., Bradenton, charged with Possession of Narcotic Equipment.
- Stephen King, DOB 07/03/83, of 3172 Port Charlotte Blvd., Port CHarlotte,, charged with Possession of a controlled Substance without a Prescription.
- Dominick Ciari, DOB 01/02/75, of 701 17th St. W, Bradenton, charged with Possession of Methamphetamine.
- Andrew Eubanks, DOB 08/13/79, of 4474 McIntosh Park Dr., Unit #1507, Sarasota, charged with Child Abuse, Fleeing to Elude, Driving While License Suspended Third or Subsequent Offense, Possession of Narcotic Equipment, and Violation of Probation.
- Brittany Dietzen, DOB 11/24/88, of 4474 McIntosh Park Dr., Sarasota, charged with Possession of Cocaine, Possession of Marijuana, and Contempt of Court.
- Jesse Fleming, DOB 05/21/81, of 5185 Magnolia Pond Dr., Sarasota, charged with Petit Theft: Third or Subsequent Offense and Resisting an Officer without Violence.
- Brittany Ellis, DOB 08/23/88, of 3738 Sharondale Rd., Sarasota, charged with Petit Theft.
- Jason Fretz, DOB 04/16/90, of 3738 Sharondale Rd., Sarasota, charged with Petit Theft.
- Anthony Aurelien, DOB 08/10/95, of 940 S. Allendale Ave., Sarasota, charged with Driving While License Suspended Third or Subsequent Offense, Possession of Marijuana, and Violation of Probation.
- Chad Wickersham, DOB 08/03/87, of 4767 E 257th St., Myakka City, charged with Petit Theft: Third or Subsequent Offense, Dealing in Stolen Property, and two warrants for Fraud out of Sarasota County and Petit Theft out of Manatee County.
- Linda Busch, DOB 01/22/47, of 1771 Gale St., Englewood, charged with Petit Theft.
- Suzanne Kehoe, DOB 03/02/66, of 110 E. Colonia Lane, Nokomis, charged with Petit Theft: Third or Subsequent Offense and Resisting a Retail Merchant.
- Grace Zelazney, DOB 07/12/87, of 719 Kimball Rd., Venice, charged with four counts of Fraudulent Use of Personal Identification, Theft of a Credit Card, and Grand Theft Under 300 Dollars.
- Sherry Allaire, DOB 09/04/50, of 202 S. River Blvd Nokomis, issued a summons for Petit Theft.