MANATEE COUNTY, Fla. — Starting Thursday at 8 a.m., residents in Manatee County can apply for the Manatee CARES: Housing Assistance Program Round 2.
According to the county's website, up to 500 applications will be accepted.
Eligibility requirements include:
- U.S. Citizen or Legal Resident
- Resident of Manatee County including its municipalities
- Current Gross Household income is below the 150% area median income (AMI) level for household size
You can only apply for assistance to cover COVID-19 related rent or mortgage that has not already been paid through insurance or another federal program, or resource.
Make sure you have the following documents ready to submit with the application:
- Letter or Statement from Landlord on company letterhead stating amount owed and months rent is due or most recent mortgage statement showing delinquent amount owed (*funds can pay for mortgage principal, interest and insurance but cannot pay for the property tax)
- Documentation showing loss of income as a result of COVID-19 on or after March 1, 2020
- Current lease and contact information for your landlord (Landlord must agree to participate) or contact information for mortgage company/lender (Lender must agree to participate)
- Proof of identification for Applicant Only
- Proof of U.S. Citizenship or Legal Residency for Applicant Only
Click here for more information or to apply.