SARASOTA COUNTY, Fla. — Florida Highway Patrol Trooper Joseph Bullock was escorted to Sarasota on Friday morning, and authorities are encouraging the public to come out and show their support.
Trooper Bullock, a 19-year veteran of the agency, was fatally shot on Wednesday while helping a disabled vehicle on I-95.
Witnesses told authorities the suspect, identified as 28-year-old Franklin Reed III, was upset about paying for a tow truck. He opened fire and killed the trooper before being fatally shot himself by a passing Riviera Beach police officer.
- FHP trooper Joseph Bullock killed on I-95 in Martin County
- Shooter who killed Florida trooper was angry about paying tow truck driver, witnesses say
- Man who shot and killed FHP trooper identified
- Off-duty firefighter describes trying to save FHP trooper following deadly shooting
- Friend remembers Trooper Joseph Bullock, say he was the epitome of a highway patrolman
The Highlands County Sheriff's Office stood along Highway 70, at US 27, during Friday morning's procession.