Manatee County is spending grant money it's receiving from the deep water horizon oil spill disaster. County leaders laid out a proposed plan on how they intend to spend 6.3-million in federal dollars.
- Restoration at Robinson Preserve
- Funding for environmental jobs
- Improve coastal watershed program
- Enhance Florida Maritime Museum
- Shellfish research program
"Our strategy was to look at how collectively they will benefit the community from economic to the environment," said grant coordinator Nan Summers.
The public has forty-five days to give input on the proposed spending.
Click here to learn more about each project.