Bradenton Firefighters battled a fire at a pawn shop on Wednesday morning.
Manatee County Sheriff's Office confirmed early Wednesday that there was heavy smoke and flames coming through the roof of the Adams Family Pawn shop. Crews worked tirelessly to put out the fire all morning.
Fire officials are now investigating to find out what started the fire which destroyed most of the building. The business appears to be a total loss as crews are carefully assessing the damage. Firefighters were careful not to enter the building, believing the roof's integrity to be compromised.
The pawn shop, located at 2320 1st Street West, is owned and operated by Gerald Adams and his father. No one was at the building when the fire started, and no one was injured in the fire fight, say Bradenton authorities to ABC Action News.
Story Developing. Download our ABC Action News app for the latest breaking news and weather.