SARASOTA COUNTY, Fla. — The Sarasota County Sheriff's Office cited eight stores for selling vaping products to minors, the office announced on Thursday.
According to a press release, the sheriff’s office teamed up with the Florida Division of Alcoholic Beverages and Tobacco for the undercover operation on Monday.
Undercover agents were sent into 29 stores throughout the county. Employees at the eight stores cited were found to be in violation of selling a nicotine product or nicotine dispensing devices to a minor, according to the news release.
Clerks at the eight stores were given citations and are expected to appear in court.
The eight stores in violation were:
- DNA Vaping Lounge Sarasota, 5045 Fruitville Road, Unit 165, Sarasota
- Smoker Friendly/Tobacco Depot #723, 4461 Bee Ridge Road, Sarasota
- Fantacy Vape and Smoke Shop, 2868 Ringling Boulevard, Sarasota
- Ignite Vapors, 3251 17th Street, Unit 170, Sarasota
- Cheap Smokes, 1839 South Tamiami Trail, Venice
- Skybudz Smoke Shop Inc., 3135 North Tamiami Trail, Sarasota
- Gateway Vape, 6534 Gateway Avenue, Sarasota
- Ryo Tasteful Tobacco, 5761 Beneva Road, Sarasota
According to the release, the other 21 stores in Sarasota, Venice, Englewood and North Port were all in compliance.