LAKELAND, Fla. — Residents in Lakeland can pick up free face masks at several locations starting Thursday, July 16.
The masks will be distributed at six locations that will be open Monday through Friday from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Simpson Park Community Center – 1725 Martin L King Jr Avenue
- Lakeland Main Library – 100 Lake Morton Drive
- Lakeland Larry Jackson Branch Library – 1700 North Florida Avenue
- Lakeland Police Department Lobby – 219 North Massachusetts Avenue
- Kelly Recreation Complex/Gandy Pool – 404 Imperial Boulevard
- Coleman-Bush Building – 1104 Martin L King Jr Avenue
Residents can get up to three masks per person. The city passed a resolution on July 2 that requires masks and face coverings inside the city's corporate limits.
"The greatest number of cases now testing positive in our area is a younger set between the age of 25-44 and science shows masks along with other safety protocols help reduce the spread of the virus," Dr. Joy Jackson, Director of the Florida Department of Health for Polk County said.
Click here for more information.