CLEARWATER, Fla. — Santa Claus is trading in his bright red sleigh for a bright red fire truck as he travels to Clearwater.
Santa will be making appearances around town December 17 and 18 from 6 to 8 p.m., waving as he passes by on a Clearwater Fire & Rescue fire engine, escorted by elves from the Clearwater Police Department, officials say.
He will be followed by the Jolley Trolley, filled with physically distanced mask-wearing special guests spreading holiday cheer around the entire community.
Everyone is asked to gather safely (physically distanced) in their driveways and yards and cheer loudly as he comes by.
These are the city's recreation centers closest to the neighborhoods that Santa will visit:
Thursday, December 17
- The Morningside Recreation Complex neighborhood, 2600 Harn Blvd.
- The Long Center neighborhood, N. 1501 Belcher Road
- The Countryside Recreation Center neighborhood, 2640 Sabal Springs Drive
Friday, December 18
- The Clearwater Beach Recreation Center neighborhood, 69 Bay Esplanade
- The North Greenwood Recreation Center neighborhood, 900 N. MLK Jr. Ave.
- The Ross Norton Recreation Center neighborhood, 1426 S. MLK Jr. Ave.