PINELLAS COUNTY, Fla. — County leaders on both sides of Tampa Bay are collecting thousands of medical supplies for our local first responders and hospital workers.
Starting Monday at 8 a.m., Pinellas County will open nine new drop off locations for medical supplies at fire stations and nonprofits.
County leaders are looking to collect items including: face masks, surgical gloves, gowns, ventilators, safety glasses and hand sanitizer.
So far, county leaders have collected more than 8,000 supplies. Now, they hope by opening more sites across Pinellas County, they will be able to collect even more critical supplies for our first responders.
Pinellas County Commissioner Karen Seel is delighted that the efforts are working well to help our hospital workers get additional gear during the COVID-19 outbreak.
“Kindness. That’s the best way to describe it. People caring about each other. That’s what’s special about Pinellas County. When crisis hits, we do all come together,” Seel said.
These are the Pinellas County sites that will be open from 8 a.m. - noon Monday through Friday beginning April 6. You can drive up to all locations.
- Fire Station 29, 11195 70th Ave. N., Seminole
- Fire Station 57, 3375 Tarpon Lake Blvd, Palm Harbor
- Fire Station 54, 225 Pine Ave, Oldsmar
- Fire Station 35, 11350 N 43rd St., Pinellas Park
- Fire Station 25, 250 Municipal Drive, Madeira Beach
- Fire Station 24, 180 108th Ave., Treasure Island
- Fire Station 23, 7301 Gulf Blvd., St Pete Beach
- St. Pete Free Clinic, 3115 44th Ave N., St Petersburg
- RCS Pinellas, 700 Druid Road, Clearwater
Hillsborough County also has a drop-off site located at 250 Westshore Plaza in Tampa. Their site is open Monday through Friday from 9 a.m. - 3 p.m.
Any medical supplies collected will be delivered to local hospitals, long-term care facilities and first responders to ensure their safety as they take care of our community.
- Surgical face masks (note: we cannot accept homemade face masks at this time)
- P100 masks
- N95 masks
- Face shields
- Nitrile exam gloves, powder free
- 5 and 7 mil nitrile gloves
- Eye protection - safety glasses
- Surgical tear away gowns
- Safety eye goggles
- Hand sanitizer (any size) 60% Alcohol
- 91% isopropyl alcohol
- Clorox wipes
- Lysol disinfectant spray
- Sani-cloth wipes
- 3% hydrogen peroxide
MEDICAL DEVICES REQUESTED (NEW AND UNUSED ONLY):
- Ventilators - Hospital, Transport, Home Use - Invasive positive pressure ventilators that can be utilized for intubated patients
- CPAP - Hospital, Disposable, Home Sleep Apnea
- BiPAP/BiLevel - Hospital, Disposable, Home Sleep Apnea
- High Flow Nasal Cannula Set-ups
Citizens and businesses can also drop off non-perishable food items to one of the following food banks:
- Food Donations accepted Monday-Friday, 9 a.m. - 5 p.m.
- Food Donations accepted Monday - Friday, 8 a.m. - 4 p.m., Thursdays 8 a.m. - 7 p.m.
- Food donations accepted Monday, Tuesday and Thursday from 9:30 a.m. - 12:30 p.m.