The Quality Inn in Wesley Chapel has been evacuated due to a Freon gas leak.
WESLEY CHAPEL, Fla. - WESLEY CHAPEL, Fla.- The Quality Inn in Wesley Chapel was evacuated Friday night due to a Freon gas leak.
The hotel was evacuated because officials say a large plume has filled four floors. No injuries were reported.
Pasco County Fire Rescue crews were called to the scene to clear the building. About 175 people were staying at the hotel, and Tampa Fire Rescue was requested for mutual aid.
The freon leak was discovered in an air conditioning unit on the roof.
The leak was capped, and the last Pasco fire rescue unit left the scene shortly after 1 a.m., officials said.
The story is developing, refresh for updates.