NewsPasco County


Pasco Fire evacuates homes after crash causes gas leak

Posted at 8:56 AM, Jun 14, 2019

PASCO COUNTY, Fla. — Several homes were evacuated in the Wesley Chapel area due to a gas leak Friday morning.

Pasco Fire officials said the gas leak was caused when a commercial truck hit a gas transfer station after crashing and pulling down a power line in the Cyprus Creek community.

Officials said the driver safety made it out of the truck; however, the truck was wrapped in live wires. TECO gas and power lines were de-energized in the area for safety purposes.

At this time, it is unknown how many homes were evacuated.

Story developing, refresh for updates. Stay with ABC Action News for the latest.