World Breastfeeding Week runs from August 1 to August 7 and some local officials want to celebrate breastfeeding moms in the area.
The Department of Health in Pasco County is inviting new moms to come out and breastfeed and offer peer support at medical clinics in the county.
According to the CDC, support for breastfeeding is needed in many public places, including hospitals, work sites and birth centers.
"The success rate of mothers who want to breastfeed can be improved through support from families, friends and our community." Said Mike Napier, County Health Officer. "Our support of breastfeeding is critical to the health and wellness of moms and babies in Pasco."
Celebrations will take place at the following clinics from 9 a.m. to noon:
- Dade City 13941 15th St. (352) 521-1450
- New Port Richey 5640 Main Street (727) 841-4425
- Land O'Lakes 4135 Land O'Lakes Blvd (813) 558-5173
- Zephyrhills 4717 Airport Rd. (813) 780-0740
- Hudson 11611 Denton Ave. (727) 861-5661