One man dies in Pasco house fire after being trapped inside

Posted at 5:03 AM, Apr 12, 2017
and last updated 2017-04-12 05:08:45-04

A 67-year-old man has died after he was trapped inside a Pasco County house fire.

Pasco County Fire Rescue responded to a call after neighbors heard loud explosions at about 1:28 a.m. Wednesday at 13027 Newgent Rd.

Units found a single story wood frame home with heavy fire conditions. Two people were outside and told crews someone was still inside. They searched and found the 67-year-old man in the back bedroom. He was taken to Bayfront Health Dade City but later died of his injuries.

The state Fire Marshall is on scene investigating and Pasco Fire Division Chief Shawn Whited says it does not appear suspicious at the moment.